Tuesday 6 December 2011

Jeremy Hepso, Queen-I Want To Break Free


I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self-satisfied I don't need you
I got to to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love, yeah
God knows, God knows I've fallen in love

It's strange but it's true (hey yea)
I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door
Oh how I want to be free baby
Oh how I want to be free
Oh how I want to break free

(INSTRUMENTAL INTERLUDE)

But life still goes on
I can't get used to living without, living without, living without you
by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows got to make it on my own
So baby can't you see
I've got to break free

I've got to break free
I want to break free, yeah

I want I want I want I want to break free …

A) A music video from Youtube.

B) The social issue displayed in the music video is mostly the treatment of woman. However during the musical interlude it almost makes fun of our society. (The musical interlude is very weird I forgot it was in there...) The way they lift each other up almost like kings and when the one guy is eating grapes it seems that the people around him are reaching out from all angles to keep from dieing of starvation.

C) "When I walk out that door, Oh how I want to be free baby" is almost like the poem "To The Ladies" where she wants to be free from living and being almost like a slave to her husband. "I want to break free from your lies" is saying almost that if a man lies or does anything wrong he can almost get away with it. If a lady did that however they would be in seriouse trouble.

D) The target audience is pretty well everyone. Showing us in a satirical way how women are treated. I started to laugh as soon as I saw the video and the members of Queen dressed as woman and that was obviously ddone that way to capture peoples attention.

E) The media specifically portrays the message in a number of ways. First how the men are dressed up as woman and they video tape them in almost a demeaning matter. Also the lyrics and how they tell us a woman may love her husband but some are treated so poorly to the point they want to ignore their love and get away for their better interest. In the musical interlude it shows us almost the way of slavery, it is evident that they are connecting the ways of slavery used a thousand years ago to a womans life now. Maybe not on such an extreme level but how a woman slaves around the house on hours on end.

F) It is an effective way to get the message across because it is modern. Putting it on Youtube gives it the availability of it being seen alot higher. Also the fact that it is funny, if it was just a couple guys standing around singing it would not get watched as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment